Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Collective human joystick

I am one of those people who rarely go to cinema. I am easily bored and most of the recent mainstream releases’ storylines are rather predictable so they lose their entertainment appeals. If I do go to movies, usually I arrive late and totally missed the ads. But I think I’m going to come earlier for the ads if I can join the fun in one of the AudienceGames’ campaigns for Volvo (in UK) and MSNBC (in USA).

In the Volvo campaign, cinemagoers were invited to test drive the new Volvo XC70 by steering a car through several obstacles and reach the finish line. They can steer the car by moving their bodies to the left and right like gigantic joystick. These movements are then read by a motion sensor, which is placed in front of the theater. It is amusing and memorable, 2 important points for a brand advertising.

No comments: