Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breathing Earth


Today, I was prowling on the net as usual, trying to find inspiring stuff. I need something to cheer me up from all of waiting for the spring to come. But reading RSS feeds is like buying a Kinder chocolate eggs, you just hope for the best that you get the toys that you haven’t gotten before (ok, I admit that I kept on buying Kinder chocolate eggs in order to collect the toys, they are cute). Well today, I stumbled upon Breathing Earth, a simulation of real-time presentation displaying the carbon dioxide emission levels of every country in the world along with their birth and death rates. After all of the bombardments from the media about the environmental problems, it is easy for people to be confused. I know that certain things are not good towards the equilibrium of the Earth but I don’t understand the impacts in larger picture so this website helps. And it looks pretty cool ;-)

No comments: